This workshop is designed to give people an understanding of Communication Access.
Communication access refers to any accommodations and supports that a person may need for effective two-way communication. It is concerned with sharing information in a way that everybody can understand, enabling people to express themselves in any way they find easiest.
- To introduce participants to Communication Accessibility
- To give participants the skills and knowledge required to plan and produce accessible information
- To support participants in developing effective face to face and written communication skills
- Understanding Communication Access
- Steps in creating a communication accessible community/service
- How to understanding & responding to the communication needs of individuals across disability
- Explore best practice in written communication
- Understand Easy Read and Plain English
- Help you and your service think differently about your communication
- Make you aware of current legislation
- Increase your awareness of the wide range of Communication requirements
- Help you create communication-friendly environments to support people to communicate to the best of their ability.
The training is delivered over one full day. A maximum number of 20 people can participate in this programme.